BSc (Hons), Master of Manual Therapy, MISCP
Catherine Cradock, MISCP, MMT, Chartered Physiotherapist, Level 3 accredited Chartered Physiotherapist in Sports and Exercise Medicine with the ISCP.
Catherine graduated from U.C.D. in 2002 with 1st Class Honours in her physiotherapy degree. She obtained her Masters in Manual Therapy (High Distinction) from the University of Western Australia, and was awarded the medal for Highest Clinical Results. She is also a qualified Stott Pilates instructor and a member of the Irish Sports Council panel for High Performance Physiotherapists.
Catherine established East Coast Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic in 2010, and has been working in private practice since 2004.
• Physiotherapist at the Irish Institute of Sport, working with Irish international athletes in triathlon, athletics, swimming, golf, paralympics among others.
• Junior Lead physiotherapist for Athletics Ireland, which involved managing the physiotherapy service for Ireland’s elite junior and youth athletes, in addition to working with senior and development athletes.
• Part of the Athletics Ireland physiotherapy team since 2007, travelling with junior and senior teams to training camps and international competitions, including European and World championship events.
• Physiotherapist to the Irish Senior Ladies’ Hockey team.
• Worked in St. Vincent’s University Hospital for 5 years. Managed the physiotherapy service of the Hand Surgery Unit for 3 years, and in 2005 implemented a chronic back pain rehabilitation service which is still running.
• Worked in Clontarf Orthopaedic Hospital for 2 years, rehabilitating people after orthopaedic surgery.
• In addition to athletics and tri-athletics, Catherine also has a special interest in dealing with golfers and GAA and hockey players, and has worked with sportspeople ranging from the recreational to the elite.
• Catherine also has a special interest in lower back pain, neck pain and repetitive strain injuries.
More about Catherine:
• Catherine has published a number of articles in the Irish Times, giving advice on running injury prevention and management for the Dublin City Marathon.
• She worked as a consultant for the physiotherapy role and storyline in the Irish medical drama “The Clinic” for series 5 & 6.
• Catherine’s main sporting love is athletics. She competively sprints at Masters level, and has secured Leinster and National indoor medals. She is a member of Kilcoole Athletics Club. Being a Kilkenny woman, she is also a hurling fan, and generally loves meeting people, sport and chat!
Catherine has 3 boys, and very much understands the juggle so many of our clients have of managing a small family and working!
BSc Physiotherapy (2019), BSc Athletic Therapy and Training (2012)
Mary-Alice first completed a degree in BSc Athletic Therapy and Training from DCU in 2012. As part of this degree she worked with the East Stroudsburg University teams in Pennsylvania, USA including the American football team, swimmers, baseball players and runners. She has a keen interest in sports injuries and getting athletes back to playing sport after injury. She has been working with various sports teams since then, including Buffers Alley GAA and Camogie teams, Oulart The Ballagh Camogie, Wexford Senior Camogie, Gorey Ladies RFC and Wexford Minor Football.
In 2016 she returned to college to gain a second degree in BSc Physiotherapy from UCD. She is qualified in Dry Needling and is also a qualified Pilates Instructor. She is a current member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists and is CORU Registered.
Mary-Alice has worked as a Community Physiotherapist in Tallaght managing a mixed caseload including orthopaedics, neurology and musculoskeletal injuries.
When she’s not working Mary-Alice enjoys playing Camogie for her club Buffers Alley and also plays the button accordion and concertina. She has recently started studying a Certificate in Agriculture and enjoys working on the family farm.
Armina Konstantinova is our office manager and the friendly face behind our front desk.
She will help you with any enquiries that you may have, including booking appointments, information on our classes, and getting receipts.
She also keeps us in line and makes sure we have returned any calls or emails before we are allowed to leave!