Ever do a pilates class and feel like you could be standing on your head and the instructor wouldn’t notice? And worried you might be hurting yourself? Back-care pilates classes are kept smaller, and run by a Chartered Physiotherapist for greater attention and care.
Classes are designed for people who feel unable to join a regular pilates class due to recent or previous back or neck pain, illness, pregnancy, or osteoporosis. They suit all ages and abilities, from the person who does no exercise, to the GAA player or the runner.
During normal times, our classes are held in our studio which is down the road from our clinic – located opposite Mount Usher Gardens and across from Heels, and last for 55 minutes. We provide all pilates equipment. For the moment, we are operating online only.
If you would like to book a place in either our online, please email or call the clinic to reserve at email@example.com or 0404-49781.
ONLINE Pilates classes from July 5th 2021:
1pm Online Class Mary-Alice
7pm Online Class Mary-Alice
8pm Online Class Catherine
12.30pm Online Class John
ONLINE classes remain at €8.50 per class.
If you have not been with us before, we will need your medical and injury history before the class begins and decide which level class is most appropriate for you. If you have any history of back and neck pain, we advise a physiotherapy screening session with us prior to commencing the programme (this is discounted to €50 for face-to-face consultation, or €40 telehealth consultation).
When we do return to the studio, hopefully very soon, strict measures will be in place to keep us all safe.
COVID-19 Guidance for Studio Pilates classes:
– We would ask that you bring your own equipment, mats etc, but our equipment will be available to you.
– We request that you wipe clean all equipment used with wipes provided.
– The current plan is to use just a long band; a mat and a block/cushion for your head. We can source any equipment for you.
If anyone has any symptoms related to coronavirus we ask that you do not attend.
– Classes are limited to 6 participants in line with social distancing, therefore the spaces between stations are to be maintained.
– Masks are optional – our advice is that masks are needed if we are to be more than 15 minutes in close contact (within 2 metres) with another person. This shouldn’t be relevant if we all stick to our “new normal” social distancing rules but if you wish to wear a mask you can.
– A window/door will remain open during the classes to allow fresh air to circulate throughout the class.
– All our instructors have been fully vaccinated.
– A completed online form will be required prior to attending a class : this will be sent to you in advance of each class.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you all back! Keep an eye on here and our social media for a return to studio date!