Physiotherapy is an occupation in the health service, which assists people to restore and improve their over-all well-being following pain, disability, or injury.
As Chartered Physiotherapists, we are university educated and regulated by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists. This is your guarantee that we have been trained to the highest academic and professional standards and that we continue to keep abreast of emerging trends and developments in medicine through a programme of Continuous Professional Development.
We are trained in exercise physiology and movement science, making us ideally placed to prescribe exercise programmes, in addition to “hands-on” techniques, to help alleviate pain and improve movement, to get you better faster.
At East Coast Physio we are fortunate to work with people of all ages and abilities.
We are specialised in “musculoskeletal physiotherapy”, meaning anything involving joints, muscles, ligaments and bones.
Examples of conditions that we treat include:
• Lower back pain
• Neck pain
• Neck stiffness
• Hip pain
• Knee injuries
• Foot pain, including plantar fasciitis and heel spurs.
• Frozen shoulder
• Rotator cuff injury
• Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
• Wrist and hand pain, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Pregnancy related pain
• Repetitive strain injuries
• Postural pain
• Sports injuries
• Pre and post surgery programmes
• “Growing pains”
• Stress incontinence
• Manual (or “hands on”) therapy
• Soft tissue massage
• Designing exercise programmes catered for the individuals needs, ability and motivation!
• Dry needling
• Medical acupuncture
• Exercise classes for back, neck and shoulder pain.
• Exercise classes for osteoporosis.
• Exercise classes specifically designed for runners.
• Pre-season screening and programme prescription.
• Treatment for vertigo